Terms and Conditions:
All applicants must agree and meet the eligibility requirements below-
- You are willing and able to take this puppy (16 weeks of age or older) to work or school with you every day
- On occasion NADI will need puppies for demonstrations, fund raising activities or other public events. You are willing to either attend these activities or relinquish the puppy for the day
- The Puppy Raiser shall pay for transportation costs to and from the NADI facility and meeting locations and other all other related expenses that have not been pre approved.
- Puppy Raisers under the 18 years of age must have a guardian’s signature before approval.
- The puppy must live indoors and sleep in a crate in the Puppy Raiser’s bedroom.
- Young puppies must be supervised throughout the day. Baby gates may be needed.
- Puppy shall live with the Puppy Raiser for anywhere between 6-24 months. NADI shall determine when the puppy is to be returned to our facility.
- Puppy Raiser must have an enclosed yard, unless determined otherwise by NADI.
- Puppy Raiser is responsible for emergency costs
- Puppy Raiser agrees to return puppy upon request, with no guarantee of advanced notice
- If the Puppy Raiser finds it necessary to board the puppy, contact NADI first. We may be able to find a puppy sitter for you instead
- The NADI puppy should be the only young puppy (12 months and under) in the Puppy Raiser household, unless approved otherwise by NADI.
- NADI does most communication through email. You are willing/able to check email on a daily basis and respond to our emails
- No public access is allowed while puppy sitting unless prior authorization is given through National Assistance Dogs
- I agree to feed all puppies according to the instructions explained by the Puppy Raising Family
- I will never take the puppy to Dog Parks or places where other dogs are allowed to run off lead
- If I take a puppy for a walk, I agree to keep the puppy on a leash and harness at all times
- I agree to, and understand that National Assistance Dogs, Inc or its agents are not responsible for any damage done to property by the puppy. Any damage done will be the responsibility of the puppy sitter. Puppy must be supervised or in a secure crate at all times
- Puppies between 2-5 months should not be confined to a crate for more than 3 hours at a time, exception is at night. Puppies older than 5 months should not be confined for more than 5 hours at a time, exception is at night
- I understand that each puppy is valued at $15,000 and I will provide the best care possible for this puppy. If a medical condition arises during its stay with me, I will contact National Assistance Dogs, Inc. as soon as possible, then contact a veterinarian Veterinarian costs that are incurred must be pre-approved by NADI before treatment is provided, if NADI is to pay for treatment.
In anticipation that you are accepted into NADI’s Puppy Petter Program, please read and and acknowledge the terms below. (All adults need to sign the agreement; parents or legal guardians may sign for minor children.)
- I declare that the information I provided in my application is accurate.
- I understand that if I am injured while volunteering as a Puppy Petter with NADI, I am not covered by Arizona State Worker’s Compensation law.
- I indemnify and hold NADI Dogs harmless from and against all claims, losses, liabilities and damage to person or property, governmental charges or fines and attorney’s fees arising out of acts or omissions of NADI Dogs.
- I authorize NADI to copyright, use and publish for art, sales materials, advertising, promotion or any other lawful purpose whatsoever, articles written or comments made by me as well as photographs, picture, portraits or images made through any medium.